A quintessential film composer, Jerry Goldsmith (1929-2004) wrote some of the most ingenious, inventive and clever scores to be heard in mainstream Hollywood cinema during the span of four decades. This Soundtrack Legends concert program showcases his most brilliant scores ranging from the modernist Planet of the Apes to the spirited and heroic Supergirl, from the off- and upp-beat Capricorn One to the charmingly entertaining Gremlins. Conceived especially for this Soundtracks Live presentation is the “California Noir Suite” (featuring themes from Basic Instinct, Chinatown and L.A. Confidential) as well as a brand new ten minute suite from one of Goldsmith’s most complex scores commemorating the 25 year anniversary of the film, the dynamic sci-fi action fest Total Recall.
Program includes music from the following films*:
- Alien (Ridley Scott, 1979)
- Basic Instinct (Paul Verhoeven, 1992)
- Capricorn One (Peter Hyams, 1978)
- Chinatown (Roman Polanski, 1974)
- Gremlins (Jerry Goldsmith, 1985)
- L.A. Confidential (Curtis Hanson, 1997)
- Lionheart (Franklin J. Schaffner, 1987)
- The Mummy (Stephen Sommers, 1999)
- Planet of the Apes (Franklin J. Schaffner, 1968)
- Poltergeist (Tobe Hooper, 1982)
- Star Trek: The Motion Picture (Robert Wise, 1979)
- Supergirl (Jeannot Szwarc, 1984)
- Total Recall (Paul Verhoeven, 1990)
- Twilight Zone: The Movie (Steven Spielberg/Joe Dante/John Landis, 1983)
* All Soundtracks Live! concert programs are subject to client customization to meet your specific demands. Please contact Soundtracks Live! to discuss!
Suggested SOUNDTRACKS LIVE! conductor for this program: JOEL McNEELY
SPOTIFY: Selected concert pieces (please note that arrangements may differ slightly from the versions available on Spotify).